Sunday, April 11, 2010

Create!


I finally finished my first, successful, sewing project yesterday. Now, I had made pillows, but four straight lines does not constitute a creative endeavour in my books.
Above you see Steggie - a present for my nephew Brady's 2nd birthday today. I think he turned out pretty stinkin' cute for a first timer! Felt and quilting fabric, and the help of the book "One Yard Wonders" allowed me to create this.
Next two projects:
1) laptop bag
2) jumper for ella
I am completely in love with my sewing machine - I never thought I would say that! It is so relaxing, and I love a challenge, so figuring out these patterns and measurements is great for me. Plus, I have always loved to express myself in crafts, and this is my new medium. I picked up on it relatively quickly, which always makes me happy. My patience wears thin very quickly :)
I think I will post all my new projects on here, as a journey through my sewing experiences :)




No comments: